Hello My Fellow Adventurer Lovers!
Today I begin my yearly series of posts educating you on the top 5 hotels for adventure wedding seekers. Since we have an established Iceland post-wedding followers too who still look to us for travel advice, this year’s list is going to push your boundaries a little and introduce you into some badass off-beat locations that you may never have considered until you found my fabulous blog. So I invite you to explore and delight in them with me as I share with you my amazing experience at each of these Nordic locales over the next several weeks.
First up on out 2015 Best Nordic Hotels List…. The Vihula Manor in Estonia. Estonia…. Let’s be honest friends, do you even know where this amazing country is, do you? PICTURE THIS… Slightly south of Scandinavia, it’s formally considered part of Europe in the area called the Baltic States. Which means… YES it’s on the romantic Baltic Sea! My fabulous North American clients, I urge you to consider this country for an adventure wedding for the many many reasons I am going to call out today partly because of this starry-eyed manor hotel I’m sharing with you today!
Where does time stop and the historical 16th Century meet 21st Century luxury? The Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa. The Vihula Manor, is a special place where decadence and nature mingle to create a feeling like “home” you’ve never ever experienced. From the instant I arrived and drove down the tree covered driveway, I was overwhelmed with a sense of serenity. My brain shut off and I was able to just “be in the moment.” First. Time. Ever.
As soon as I checked in, the staff was genuinely warm and exuded serious accommodating vibes. I had not realized how big this enchanting estate was until I was walked through the map letting me know about the endless list of amenities, services, and activities that were all around me! I’ll tell you a little secret too… after being there an hour, I actually found no reason to leave this place for 2 days! I had the pleasure of staying in one of their suites that was inside their old Vodka Distillery. Um, yeah, a vodka distillery. Talk about an exciting novelty! How fun for your Estonia Destination Wedding guests to say too? Another perk… The sound of the river and old water mill soothed me to sleep every night too, it was glorious and one of the best night’s sleep I’ve had to this day in a hotel!
So now you ask… What kept me busy for 2 days at this famed place?
Their charming 25+ historical buildings
- The Mustoja River runs through this magical place!
- Lahemaa National Park
- The 15-meter Indoor Swimming Pool, Steam-bath, & Gym
- 18 holes of Mini Golf!
- The onsite Vodka Museum
- The Carriage House Historical Car Museum
- The giant Windmill out front!
- The Kids Playground (Ahem, we’re all big kids, right?!)
- The Vihula Manor Sports Complex (Tennis, Football, etc in Summer and in Winter delight in ice skating and of course hockey!)
- Walking around the property and just being “in the moment” for like the first time ever in my life, seriously!
- Their traditional Estonian restaurant: Kaval-Ants Tavern
- 5 Star Dining at La Boheme Restaurant
- Breakfast on the Sun Terrace
- Hoping between the bridges on the lily pad pond.
- A nearby beautiful seaside church.
- The Baltic Sea (less than 4km away!)
- Downtown Tallinn is merely an hour away too!
The Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa is ideally designed for hosting a destination wedding in Estonia too! Do you know why? Allow me to enlighten you!
- 75 luxurious guest rooms and suites (charming historical vibe)
- Breakfast is included (and it’s AWESOME).
- All rooms are equipped with all North American conveniences we need such as the following: Wifi, TV, Telephone (you’d be surprised how rare this is becoming), Coffee/Tea in room, Mini Bar, Toiletries, and a Hair dryer.
- Their ZEN Suites have some additional upgraded amenities such as the following: Robes, Slippers, MP3 inputs, and Jacuzzi Tub!
- The Eco-Spa: Offers endless treatment options, a Hot Tub, Wood-burning Sauna, and exclusively uses ESPA products.
- Sweeping balcony’s lead you throughout the airy main manor house.
- Various options for ceremony locations onsite and nearby that will allow you to feel immersed into nature.
- A Wedding Gazebo (in Estonia, they call these Kissing Tower/Column)!
- Access to their vintage cars! Can someone say Estonia Wedding Photography opportunity?! Yes, please!
- Endless reception space options! Just to briefly name a few…
- Main Manor House can easily accommodate a group size of 100 guests (and is available if renting the entire hotel).
- The Lawn Terrace right in front of the main house, would prove to the THE. PERFECT. ESTONIA. WEDDING reception space in summertime.
- Dedicated conference halls are available as well such as the following: Constance Conference & Concert Hall for up to 120 guests; Ursula Conference Hall for up to 100 guests; and the Dora Conference Hall for an intimate 50 guests. You could even rent the entire Barn House building and hold an exclusive even for your 2509 guests.
- There are several other charming throughout the property that you could hold your Estonia wedding reception such as the following: Palm House Banquet Hall for 80 guests; the Oil Granary Seminar Room for 24 guests; their stunning Tea House for 10 guests; and their Presidential Suite for a cozy 8 guests.
- A few novelty locations are available if you’re looking to really entice your guests with history… The Blacksmith’s House, the Vodka Distillery, and the Water Mill.
- The Food! If you’re looking to serve your guest an unforgettable traditional Estonian cuisine Kaval-Ants Tavern can accommodate. But if you’d rather dine on a 3-5 course 5 star meal, I would of course suggest the breathtaking La Boheme Restaurant to cater.
- The ease of getting all of your special requests… Did someone say FIREWORKS? This is a private estate that will ensure all of your will’s and whim’s are met with excitement and a smile!
This is a very special place, folks! I would even dare to say, magical! So all that being said, Estonia needs to be put on your travel radar right now! …and Your Adventure Wedding would absolutely love to help you plan and photograph your unforgettable Estonian wedding adventure here! Feel free to contact us to make that happen!
- Vihula Manor Estonia Contact Information:
- Address: Vihula, Lääne-Virumaa; 45402 Estonia
- Phone: +372 326 4100
- Website: http://www.vihulamanor.com/
- GPS Coordinates: 26°10´58´´ / 59°32´48´´
Stay tuned next week as our Top 5 Adventure Wedding Hotel List 2015 continues!