Welcome back to the second installment of Tiffany and Brian’s Iceland Engagement Session. So you know how I said in last week’s post that Brian and Tiffany were super adventurous? Well the other half of their Iceland e-session was no exception either! This abandoned house in the Snaefellsnes Peninsula has been on my radar for forever so when I suggested the spot to Brian and Tiff they were not only all in but they didn’t even bat an eyelash when I suggested they climb a wall so I could get a better angle! I love these two =)
So it got me thinking that you as our fabulous readers might be curious to know about how one goes about preparing for your Iceland engagement session (pre-wedding or e-session)? Today, we’d like to use these two as our “poster couple” for how to plan for your Iceland pre wedding session (they followed this to a tee)!
Iceland Wedding Photographer Tips to have the Best Engagement Session Ever:
- Hire a wedding photographer who is very familiar with Iceland. They’ll probably already know about super secret spots off of route 1 too (I know at Photos by Miss Ann, we pride ourselves on having LOTS of discovery trips before our clients Iceland weddings to ensure we’re always keeping it fresh!).
- Brainstorm engagement session locations with your Iceland Wedding Photographer ahead of time. After all, you hired them because you love their work and trust they are going to make lifetime photographic magic for you! So I encourage you to start idea compiling, in fact some couples even generate ideas on Pinterest!
- Have time in your Iceland wedding schedule to do this amazing pre-wedding session at least 1 day before (or after) your Iceland adventure wedding. Another thought, many of our couples actually like to hire us post wedding to travel around with them and we flip between their wedding attire and casual.
- Have your Iceland wedding photographers drive you to the spots! It makes for a little fun date for the two of you to sit in the back seat (as we are your guide), see the incredible landscape, and be able to have time together before the weekends wedding awesomeness begins! We always do this for our couples because we’re the experts on the lay of the land and want our couples to 100% enjoy the day (#noweddingstress)!
- Have 2 outfits! Having 1 outfit that is fun and totally the two of you adds a playful element. My vote on second outfit is having solid colors that complement each other. As I said above, Tiff and Brian are my poster children because they wore every photographers dream in Iceland: Black shirts and jeans. Why? See for yourself as you look through the images… The outfits are not distracting- I see both the couple and landscape first before I notice their outfits. Imagine if my dear Tiff would have been wearing a polka dot dress? As much as I love polka dots, it would not have had the same dynamic and I would be looking at her dress before her gorgeous face!
- Last and most important… I urge you (beg you) to Be Adventurous! Seriously, do it! You only get married in Iceland once, so make it the most memorable moment in time for you both! Suck it up and bear the cold, gale force winds, possible rain/snow/sleet, or whatever element the land of fire and ice brings your way. You’ll thank yourself later, I promise. …Ladies this is also your opportunity to accessorize (IE, cute boots, hats, muffs, etc)!
Enough education from us right now! We hope you enjoy Tiffany and Brian’s final Iceland engagement installment below. In case you missed the first part in Hellnar… go back here to explore! In the meantime, please come back to see the exciting start of their Iceland wedding in the Snaefellness Peninsula! It’s coming and it’s awesome!
Lots of smiles to you, Ann & Beth (Iceland Wedding Photographer & Planner)
© 2002-2014, Photos by Miss Ann, All Rights Reserved